42 Days Next with Jesus

Day 11: Acts 6 & Ephesians 4:1-16

Day 12

Day 12: Acts 7:1-16 &Genesis 17:1-21

Day 13

Day 13: Acts 7:17-60 & Exodus 3

Day 14

Day 14: Acts 8:1-251  & Samuel 15:23 & Leviticus 19:31, 20:6 & Galatians 5:19-20

Week 3

Day 41

Day 41:  Acts 28:17-31 & 1 Corinthians 12:1-11

Day 42

Day 42: Acts 1 & Acts 2

18 Comments

Rhesa A Cotham - April 20th, 2020 at 8:14pm

So excited to do this study. I love thinking about those days in the early church and what it must have been like to step out in that Holy Ghost Power....I mean they were the first!! They were all of one accord and of One Spirit. But how they must have ached for their friend, missing His companionship, His leadership and most of all His unconditional Love.

Ashlyn - April 21st, 2020 at 7:52am

The next 42 days as we dive into the WORD together is going to be incredible. Just like that of the early church, we are unified, of one accord, pressing into what the Holy Spirit is going to teach us. I am excited about this journey and cannot wait to hear all the things God is revealing to all of you!!!

Craig Rice - April 21st, 2020 at 1:08pm

Wow! What an opportune time to join together in unity in this reading. I have been concentrating on the atmosphere around us and it is so negative right now and quite dark at times. There is so much fear, and it is being voiced into the atmosphere. There is complaining, grief, despair, discouragement, defiance, and so many other things that are going out of voices into the air. I know that this comes mostly from a lost and hurting people that don't have the hope we have. At the same time, there are those that are changing the atmosphere around them by their praise and worship and words of faith and hope. There is more light in the atmosphere than darkness. Praise the Lord for that! I keep hearing the Holy Spirit speaking "preparation". I think that is where we are at right now and this reading will prepare us for what is coming. I don't think the disciples had a clue of what they were in preparation for on the day of Pentecost, but they were obedient and in the upper room they were changing the atmosphere around them, being in "one accord"--unity!!. Then it came--Pow---they were filled with "power" and became "witnesses" unto Jesus, just like he said would happen (Acts 1:8) This reading could be our preparation for a renewed power from on high and becoming greater witnesses. A witness (in a judicial sense) is like a witness in a trial. That type of witness is called in to be a "producer of evidence". Help us Lord to be in one accord during this reading time and prepare us to be powerful witnesses of your goodness, peace , and hope.

Rhesa A Cotham - April 21st, 2020 at 8:01pm

Love this Craig!!! Let us be producers of evidence...Holy Spirit evidence!!!

Rhesa A Cotham - April 21st, 2020 at 7:59pm

Acts 2:13.."they are full of new wine." In the Greek this "new wine" means a movement of God. I believe we are in the times of a huge movement of God.

Craig mentioned the darkness that is being spoken in the spirit realm...Brandon and I were just talking last night that as crazy as it seems right now in the earthly realm... what must it be like in the spiritual realm.

God's Word here says " That I shall pour out of My Spirit on all flesh." Not just some but ALL!!!

Kelly Foster - April 24th, 2020 at 6:49am

A couple of things struck me in Acts 3 verses 1 through 10. The first thing is that Peter and John were on their way to the temple to pray when they came across the lame beggar. That would be like us headed to a prayer meeting or to church. Reminds me to keep my eyes open for opportunities as I’m going on my way and not be so focused on where I’m headed that I miss the divine appointments got places in my path. The second thing that spoke to me in this is that the man was healed, but not until he took him by the hand and began to stand. He didn’t just sit there and wait for the healing, he stepped out in faith, believing and began to rise and it was in that rising that healing took place. We have to act on our faith if we want to receive. Amen!

Rhesa A Cotham - April 25th, 2020 at 8:12am

Love that Kelly! Thanks so much for sharing

Rhesa A Cotham - April 25th, 2020 at 9:43am

Psalm 118 refers frequently to the Lord's " steadfast love", other translation calls it mercy. Which to me says it is not based on my actions or His feelings, it's not a rollercoaster kind of love, it remains "steadfast regardless of the circumstances regardless of

Rhesa A Cotham - April 26th, 2020 at 9:19am

Lol looks like I sent my last comment too soon...so let me finish it up

regardless of how I'm feeling...it's all about Him!! What a glorious promise...Jesus loves me regardless!!!

Rhesa A Cotham - April 27th, 2020 at 7:38pm

Rejoice always...

Pray without ceasing...

In everything give thanks...

This is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

What stands out to me are the absolutes...always, without ceasing, in everything. This Word tells me it is all or nothing... I can't rejoice part of the time or pray sometimes or give thanks for some things and expect to be in the will of God. That is not what He has called me to, He has called me to be steadfast, without wavering...be all in!!! Always, without ceasing, in everything!! Because that is how He is towards me! What another beautiful promise!!

Rhesa A Cotham - April 27th, 2020 at 7:49pm

So my study took me further to dive into the word rejoice... Classical Latin for rejoice is to "see joy". I love that! I always thought of joy as a feeling but to actually " see joy" I imagine that is what we will see when the veil is pulled away and we will be face to face with our Beloved Papa ♥️

Kelly Foster - April 29th, 2020 at 6:57am

Yes! Love this Rhesa!

Rhesa Cotham - May 2nd, 2020 at 8:36am

This morning as I read the passages, I'm struck with a feeling of sadness, sadness for Stephens death, sadness for Saul's persecution, sadness that Simon thought he could buy the power of the Holy Spirit...but then I realized the sadness was within me, not so much what I was reading. Sadness about death and addiction of one of our own. I'm so grateful for my Brandon's redemption but I have another son who struggles with addiction...praying for Marissa and her son today, praying for the prodigals today.

Rhesa A Cotham - May 12th, 2020 at 8:23am

So reading the scripture today I am reminded of the Word God keeps giving me the past few days. Lots of social media stuff going around about end times, mark of the beast, etc...does cause a bit of anxiousness in me. So God sent me to Matthew to read the scriptures when the disciples where asking when the kingdom would come. Jesus told them basically, don't worry about when, just always be prepared! So I am studying what it means to be a prepared people!

Peter 2:5-7 talks about building on your faith, then virtue, learning, self-control, steadfastness, godliness, brotherly affection and love. The verse goes on to say " make your calling and election sure- if you practice these qualities, you will never fall away." Sounds like a great way to be a prepared people!!!

Rhesa A Cotham - May 15th, 2020 at 6:54am

This mornings reading in Titus I went a little further and this verse spoke to me:

"He sacrificed himself for us that he might purchase our freedom from every lawless deed and to purify for himself a people who are his very own, passionate to do what is beautiful in his eyes."

Titus 2:14 TPT

In the Bible I was reading it said " purify for Himself a people - to be peculiarly His own"

I love that word peculiar...I was once told by a spiritual mentor that I was His "peculiar treasure" and that has always stuck with me. When you look up the meaning of peculiar, as an adjective it means " they belong or relate only to that person, thing or situation." So I love thinking about being a peculiar treasure only belonging to Jesus! ♥️

Craig Rice - May 15th, 2020 at 7:37pm

When reading in Titus this morning, we see that Paul was telling Titus to instruct people "how to live" every day life, and that the older should teach the younger "how to live" life every day. I couldn't help but think of one of the best ways to teach someone to live, is to live out our life in front of them and we are the "written message" that teaches others. One may not be able to teach a lick, by taking a book or the Bibles and teach from it, but at the same time they may be the best teacher that ever lived by their lives being lived every day. People are watching us!!! After reading in Titus today, the scripture came to me in II Corinthians 3:2 where Paul said to the Corinthians that "Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men"... The word epistle there is a word meaning "written message" Paul was saying that "we are the book" that people know and read. Many people may never be taught how to live life by a book, but they can sure see us, as believers, walking out a life in Christ every day---and they are watching!! I'm sure most people have heard the phrase, "what you do speaks so loud, I can't hear what you say" That is a mouthful. Our daily lives speak very loud and clear. Jesus said "By their fruits, shall ye know them" We all can be teachers and books that people know and read. Paul also said "be ye followers of me" I think Paul was saying, watch me, know me, read me, learn of me. I guess the question is, what are people reading and being taught by our lives. Not by how they see us at church, but in the day by day life that we live. Let's open the cover of our lives and let the pages of our daily walk speak loud and clear to others!!!

Rhesa A Cotham - May 16th, 2020 at 7:53am

Craig... I love this! I remember reading a statement once that has always stuck with me...it said " if people spent time with you, what would they learn about Jesus."

Rhesa A Cotham - May 16th, 2020 at 8:12am

I think the reading for today should be Acts chapter 18...not repeating chapter 17??